Monday, January 3, 2011

Leadership, Business, God and ME ?!?

Likely my church’s 2011 theme put the finishing touches to this thought & writing. It is all about taking a stand, making a difference, not waiting on someone else, being a leader, etc. Some real good LEADERSHIP stuff for sure. It was one of those messages you are sure was meant for you (me)….so much about where I have been and where I am!

I get asked or have people suggest that I better be careful with doing so – talking GOD along with BUSINESS. Business OR God,…I used to struggle with this, and truthfully I still do maybe just a little. I get this, understand the concern, but it doesn’t have to be an EITHER/OR thing. In the last few years I have come out of the closet regarding my relationship with God.

My upcoming book will include my faith story, discovering the truth and becoming NEW about a decade ago. This is not about me (or you) forcing beliefs on anyone or their business and people. It is just about being honest and sincere about self and what you are about……and doing that walking the talk thing. I will leave the rest to HIM – some will read and some will not, that’s about you and HIM.

Our church’s new theme is so much in my heart right now; so I will be radical (for me anyway) and be bolder with my belief. My expectation? My business, life and world will grow and prosper this year - in one way or another. I expect to be telling you next year of how blessed I have been BECAUSE of being real; and sharing just how HE has used me.

No matter what the world says in general, I know there are MANY who will have no problem working with a person of God. What a nutty notion that is anyway huh; after all, this way, you get GOD….and me!

I must tell you that TRUST and FAITH have already brought about new clients, friends; and some truly great relationships have developed since sneaking out of that closet. I have also lost some who have disconnected likely for this reason.

I soooooo hope and expect HE will use me to serve HIM through my work, books, teaching, coaching and efforts. I pray that my work, writings and efforts will help me lead others to know HIM. My ministry of working with leaders might just produce not only better leadership, but them leading others to HIM.

Whether you continue our relationship or resist here by clicking DELETE or UNSUBSCRIBE, my prayers are with you for God’s very best my friend! By the way, the theme of the church is IF NOT YOU…. So if not you, maybe you will forward this to some other leader or person interested, in need, etc???

Take care, DOUG

No comments: