Tuesday, October 11, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

I came across one of those things that made me go hmmmmm. It is to do with doing the right thing, doing kindly things, helping others, etc. It is about doing those things with no expectation in return, doing them just because… Got your interest?

So I am reading and thinking and something about our belief in our Almighty God and how that does not mean life will then just become great and easy. Now that is not really new to me; but this from Timothy 3:12 made me think of it all from a different angle. Paul is teaching: ..In fact, everyone who wants to live a Godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted…. Well there is a big YIKES, huh? However all of us that decide to proclaim him (I like to call it me coming out of the closet regarding my belief :) know this to be true on some level.

For some reason as I pondered all this, the old phrase No Good Deed Goes Unpunished came to mind. In our human minds we may come to think and maybe expect something good in return for doing something good. That is just not reality, even though it sometimes happens for sure.

Regardless here is to all your good deeds today being rewarded!

In wrapping this up, I think this is possibly about short-term vs long-term/big picture thinking and thinkers?!? I will let you work on it and get back to me hopefully. My shoulder is hurting, maybe the meds are impacting my thoughts; and so if this is a bit unclear or there are typos, cut me some slack will you?

That WOULD be the nice thing to do, and no I do not know if there will be any reward in it for you or not

Your friend Booker

No comments: