Friday, March 16, 2012

Some FRIDAY thinking

If you are anywhere near my point in life – life begins to be much more about our philosophy, purpose and value of/in this life. It does for me anyway.
What is my purpose, what have I done, what could I still do, what do I want to have as my legacy? What will I be remembered for…

In working with a group of senior/exec leaders currently; this is something I am challenging us with – what are we (you) about?
What are our Principles, Values, Focus, Vision, etc –personally, as well as for those you lead if you are a leader of others?

If you are like me, it is probably some pretty mushy stuff in your head. Try writing it down; betting you will find it interesting and maybe even difficult.

Who are you, who am I? Am I being what I want to be (ponder that one for a moment)? How do you know how others see you? Do you care? What is my guide for what I should be?

Leaders sometimes find coaches or mentors to help with this. For all of us personally, how do you grow yourself, continue to challenge yourself, get where we want to get to? Where is THAT PLACE by the way?

Just thinking, cuz again that is what we do when we hit this point in life...
So what will be your legacy or is it still undecided? Will it be about past stuff screwed up, or stuff still to happen? We may have one day left or many years left, what is yet to be done?
So maybe this is the main point here (you were hoping I would get to it huh?):

You have heard it before and we know it to be true: It won’t be about STUFF, but will be about others, relationships, and those you have HELPed, FORGIVEn, & LOVEd.
…and oh yeah, those you/we have NOT helped, forgiven or loved!

Maybe you are still pretty young?! Why wait to get focused on the Right Stuff?

Chasing the dream – trying now, these days, to do what I believe is God’s purpose for me …helping others. And yes, I said TRYING.
Anyway I can help you?

Have an amazing day! Booker

No comments: