Monday, November 14, 2011

It does not get any better than this - again this year!

Lots of emotions and thoughts in my head over recent days due to family, Thanksgiving, Church, Veterans Day, holidays and well, ....LIFE!

It struck me the phrase (above) made popular years ago, and how it used to be MY greeting to anyone and everyone back then. I used it for several years. I used it as an optimistic point of view to internalize and portray a positive attitude.

Interestingly it was during a time of struggles and I think it helped me. It was also before I knew HIM. Somewhere in the midst of some deeper human struggles in life it went away from my vocabulary.

Sunday, in church I got to thinking about this for some strange reason; HE, the pastors, Sunday School class and my church do that frequently (make me think); that is a good thing.

I was praying for my wife’s health, my work and business, finances and oh yeah, ........ALL those zillions of people in this world who are struggling soooooo much more than I am!

That is when that old phrase hit me. I was thinking of how so many years later, now that I have BECOME NEW and God is all over my life, I should REALLY be using that phrase. I plan to adopt it again - because truly IT DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!

You see, it cannot be any better, because it is His Will and HE is there with me (and with us) huh?

Our struggles are relative and someone is always worse off than we are. Still our struggles are very real! It is where we are, the pains, suffering and struggles are ours indeed. That place is as good as it gets, because HE determines it so.

We are TO BE glad for this day - to be thankful for where we are, right? Did this make any sense to you? Be thankful if it did~!

Thanks for letting me share that with you. It does not get any better than this.

Think about others this holiday season.

All for the moment, Booker

No comments: