Friday, April 22, 2011

UTOPIA, FRIENDS, THANK YOU, HOPE U R THERE

UTOPIA is a concept I used to ponder now and then; these days it has a whole new meaning and picture in my mind. I am sure that it is Heaven, and it will be much more utopian than imagineable.

Anyway, I was thinking of how I used to think of the Utopia concept – more than anything, it was a place where all friends, family and good relationships from our lives would all come together again. Would that not be cool, all those, just the ones you/we/I want there of course, all together for always. Not just them from the past but obviously those right here in our present, like my wife, kids, parents, family, etc…you get it huh?
Social Networking has brought a whole new meaning to all this as wel, now that I think about it. It has been great re-connecting, reaching out and discovering many. The frustrating thing is that I am not much closer to that utopian mindset/concept because even though they/you may be a friend on some network, I still do not experience them, see them, have coffee with you or have you around!
This has been a bit of a frustration in recent years, as I am sure it is with anyone as you/we age! So many friends from high school, college, military days, teachers known, students taught, consulting associates and clients, etc…. Man so many quality people I miss seeing routinely.
Without rambling any more just now, but no promise that I will not do some more later, I am just saying here that in this present world, I strive to and want to re-connect, rebuild, develop and/or stay in touch with friends, like you, past relationships in life. If you do also, let me hear from you and lets do…
On another level, this whole thing again got me thinking of how Heaven will be, and I am sure I have no clue – it will undoubtedly be much more than any of us can fathom. Regardless, two thoughts: 1) that you and all those treasured friends and relations will have found the path, discovered Him and actually BE THERE, and 2) that in some mystical spiritual way, we will have some form of capability of merging with, connecting with, being with, communicating with ALL at once. The quantity, volume and numbers challenge of too many FRIENDS to keep up with, will not even exist, we will just all be together….again, I do not know how, but I am sure I do not know how HE does any/all that HE does. And that makes sense, since HE is HE and I am just one of us; how could I possibly understand all that is.
Just one more thing, if you have not already stopped reading. This all reminds me of maybe my first favorite Christian song, Thank You by Ray Boltz ( it is on my MP3 that I listen to as I ride my bike out on the roads). It was a song before I became new. Any way it is a great song, and all about the people we have touched in our lives, on many levels. Go take a listen, I know I am right now, so must go!
Well okay, I will stop. Have a great day, a blessed one, one where you had something good happen and you helped someone get something; and lets stay in touch my friend.

No comments: