Monday, April 11, 2011

To God, my wife (YOU & maybe your world at some point?)

On recent trip to visit kids, now grown and living south of here, I heard an old favorite country song. It is about feelings/emotions, which I am always good for...!

http://ping.fm/lqLs8 (click link and once begins, minimize and read on here…good tune regardless)

Anyway it had me hooked thinking on life, my wife, for sure my God, my kids, family, etc.

On the surface it may be/seem like a past, sad even, memory song; but for me it is a happy NOW & FUTURE song. A bit mushy maybe, but I have been compelled to write about this for a few weeks now.
Maybe there is something here you will resemble and connect with as well.

The song? In case you did not open the link but are still reading is: LOOKING FOR LOVE IN ALL THE WRONG PLACES. A great tune; here are the lyrics. My thoughts added are in (parenthesis)! Some lines mean little, but others, oh yeah…

I spent a lifetime lookin for you (my GOD, found HIM when I was 45!)
Single bars and good time lovers were never true
Playin a fool's game hopin to win
And tellin those sweet lies and losin again (More than once, yep)

I was lookin for love in all the wrong places (until I bottomed out, & there HE was; thanks Ronnie for leading me there)
Lookin for love in too many faces
Searchin her eyes, lookin for traces of what I'm dreamin of (Sydney was that one, that dream)

Hopin to find a friend and a lover (both are so critical; found both of in HIM and my wife Sydney)
I will bless the day I discover another heart
Lookin for love

I was alone then, no love in sight (for sure, unlove-able it seemed, worthless, and then…)
I did everything I could to get me through the night (then The WORD was there for comfort, peace and solace. Still my human side struggled until she showed up)
Don't know where it started or where it might end ( I do now)
I would turn to a stranger just like a friend

I was lookin for love in all the wrong places ( I did not know it but I was for sure)
Lookin for love in too many faces
Searchin her eyes, lookin for traces of what I'm dreamin of
Hopin to find a friend and a lover
I will bless the day I discover another heart
Lookin :for love (finally the Lord a decade ago in pastor/friend’s home office / Sydney: April 6th)

You came knockin at my hearts door (HE did just that, guessing HE had been knocking all along; I was the one knocking Sydneys door down)
You're everything I've been lookin for (THANK YOU God, and thank you Sydney)

No more lookin for love in all the wrong places (absolutely NO MORE)
Lookin for love in too many faces
Searchin your eyes, lookin for traces of what I am dreamin of

Now that I found a friend and a lover (my God)
I will bless the day I discover you, oh you (my wife)

Lookin for love
In all the wrong the places
Lookin for love in too many faces
Searchin your eyes, lookin for traces of what I'm dreamin of
Now that I found a friend and a lover
I will bless the day I discover you, oh you
Lookin for love

In all the wrong places
In too many faces...

(I think besides the human love aspect that so connects here for my wife and I; I believe the BIGGER message here is hope that you will or have already found in HIM …to be that face for YOU)

No comments: