Thursday, May 19, 2011

Judging, being judged, Judgment Day

Some thoughts hit me in the midst of all the current speculation about End Times w/ disasters, tragedy & bad stuff seemingly everywhere these days. On top of it all, I saw where some guy wrote a book predicting the world will come to an end THIS SATURDAY/May 21!

When I heard about him, my inclination was to judge that guy predicting this. Now I must admit I do not believe that this will really happen on Saturday, but in fact how do you or I know? In fact we do not know, do we? We can think it is not going to come to an end, but that is nothing different from his guess-work. We are all just dealing with assumptions, and you know about assumptions, …well I will assume you do anyway! We both have a right to think what we wish huh? Does this make you a bad person or him a bad person or some we should judge negatively without knowing any facts and…
We are all guilty of judging people now and then for sure. Of course with my work in Leadership, I had to think about this judging thing from a management perspective as well. Judging others critically is just not right, and leads to bad things among/between people. If we judge, how do others judge us?

Good people (and for sure good leaders) just do not or at least should try not do be judgmental. Some of the dynamics that are flowing out of me here about our judging:

• Someone who disagrees with our thoughts…
• Someone who sends emails like this…
• Someone too fat or too thin…
• People with physical handicaps/disabilities, lisps & stuff like that…
• Someone who talks too much…or gossips…
• People talking on their cell or texting all the time…
• Someone who will not talk or share their opinion…
• In church the one who speaks in tongues…
• Earrings on guys, piercing or tattooing…
• Someone who drinks alcohol…or maybe smokes…
• Someone who thinks differently (from YOU)…
• Someone’s past, or history, or family…
• Nerdy, techy types…
• Someone too nice or too polite, …or who cusses…
• Different politics, religion, habits, communication style…
• Someone with a disability, limp, speech impediment…
• Someone who is in management…
• People with continual problems…
Thinking about management, good leaders do judge as part of their professional evaluation roles, but just should not be personally critical/but focus on performance specifically?!?

If the BIG JUDGMENT DAY does happen Saturday, will we be ready to be judged? As HE judges, will our judging of others be considered?
As I wrap this up with maybe a GOD BLESS or GODS BEST as usual, please do not judge. Believe me I know this happens even playing out in people unsubscribing to me because of it. In judging them:), that is just so nuts, because I am not imposing my God on you, but just asking MY God to bless YOU(them). I guess I just judged them huh?...forgive me.

Gods best to you my friend, BOOKER

No comments: