Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Want a friend, just ask or be one first!

I was doing some studying about People, my Leadership work, Relations in the Workplace, etc.

I wanted to share a little that I read (below). It made me think of these life experiences first of all:

Who do you want as your friend?
We asked others to be their friend in kindergarten? We asked someone we wanted to go out with us, be our special friend, in our growing up years? We now these days even on that Facebook-thing, we ask others to be our friend/to enter into a friendship of some sort.

Humans may ignore you or choose not to be your friend, we have all had that happen huh?
(like here on Facebook, which seems strange to say I do not want to be someone's friend?!?)...

The ultimate #1 relationship we can seek in my opinion is that with God, with Jesus. And also I am pretty sure, HE (unlike we humans) never says no!

Jesus said, “If you, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him?” (Luke 11:13).

God is not going to force something on you that you do not want. There has to be that desire. God will not violate your free will. He has given you a free will. If He would violate it, then there is really no free will. So you must ask the Lord for the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Throughout the Bible we are told to ask. Jesus, in the Sermon on the Mount said, “Your heavenly Father knows what you have need of before you ask Him” (Matthew 6:8).

And then later on in the sermon He said, “Now ask and you shall receive. Seek and you shall find. Knock and it shall be opened” (Matthew 7:7).

...We must initiate. We must ask. We must seek.

...So God has many things for us; however, we must ask.

Just sharing some studying I was into; wonder how this ties into Leadership Development, Workplace Relationships, etc?

I am thinking that if THAT relationship is solid with HIM, all of these relations down here will be better...?

Glad you are my friend, and really glad HE is mine as well, BOOKER

No comments: