Monday, March 28, 2011

PEACE, KEEP THE FAITH, ...remember those?

PEACE, KEEP THE FAITH, remember those?

Whenever these days I hear those words/phrases, I immediately think back to my high school annual where some friends wrote these as they were signing annuals. I really do not know if I used those words back then, as many did back then; but do know they finally work for me NOW!

I feel sure that most who said those words meant good things by them, no doubt. All I know is that muttering these words now, PEACE or KEEP THE FAITH brings me immediately now to God first of all!...(then I think of the annual, those friends, etc)
As it should be, huh, Him first.

I/we should go to God first in all we do; despite the human side of me, I try to do so. Whether it be finances, health, losses, pains, or troubles/sufferings of any kind, if we would GO TO HIM FIRST….we have really at that point done all we can do huh? We have our best HOPE in the right place, for me anyway.

After we do so, then we can go to relying on ourselves and our human hopes, which we all will.

It struck me this morning how I can begin this day in the right way, with Him, studying His Word; speaking, relating, asking and thanking Him…

Subsequently this could end up, really it could, as the very worst day of my life, or yours and very likely will be for someone’s. That is not bleak thinking, or being pessimistic. It is just the reality of life and not sure, but guess it is also His Will, in some way, no matter what.

Now for sure, it might end up becoming the very best day of mine or your life (I am pulling for this one personally, for you, me or someone. It will be for someone right?)

No matter what happens, it may make no sense on our human level, but that is why He is God and we do not understand always. Because He is God!
I could go on and on and on here when I get to really thinking of this crazy world, hurting people, blessings, goods and bads and why?!?!

However first and foremost please Lord help me remember to go to you first with those wonderings. He needs to remain first. He needs to be our best relationship, our best friend, the one we love most…and He needs to be the one we go to first with any and all that stuff that may go wrong today.

Let me not also forget that we should go to Him first as well with the good stuff, to THANK Him ( I guess that tithing thing goes here also huh? Yes the answer is yes here.)

Blessings, PEACE & KEEP THE FAITH my friend,

DOUG

No comments: