Friday, October 8, 2010

Personal & Professional Learning from 'James'

Two great scriptures hit me reading this morning; 1) so much about what I am doing professionally with a business team/conflict situation and 2) the other so close to my own situation personally.

On the business side, a team/dept I am consulting with is struggling and I plan to share this in our next gathering. Fortunately this is a business I am working with that Faith/God are part of the equation:

"... Don't speak evil against each other brothers and sisters. If you criticize and judge each other, then you are criticizing and judging God's law. Your job is to obey the law, not to judge whether it applies to you. God alone is the judge. ...so what right do you have to judge your neighbors?..." JAMES 4:11

Personally, my wife and I are in a process of selling our home, potentially moving, discussing of options, etc. This so connects to our situation:

"...Look here you who say, 'we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do this or that, do business there and make a profit'. How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog - here a little while and then it's gone. What you ought to say is, 'If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that...." JAMES 4:13

Wow, some powerful messages there for all of us, huh? WORK WELL WITH OTHERS.... WE ARE NOT IN CONTROL, HE IS..... Wow. Have a great day, BOOKER

No comments: