Monday, July 5, 2010

To PEACE in your life..

Some thoughts to share below….but first a quick reminder that the National HOPE Association Meet/Greet is tomorrow night, 5-7pm...please stop by if possible. Here are a couple of links for the details if you haven't received an invite (or lost it)!!!

LINKED IN: http://ping.fm/qqSqI

FACEBOOK: http://ping.fm/V8L9I

****************************************
Some thoughts on this World of OURS - I am not sure if these were prompted by Church yesterday, the 4th of July/Patriotism thing, my Teaching, my Hometown challenges, the National HOPE Association purpose I am focused on, etc…but these random thoughts hit me listening to the Pastor yesterday>

• What an AWESOME world we have…
• So much PAIN/SUFFERING happening….
• BEAUTY can be found in abundance…
• Everyone doesn’t have our FREEDOMs...
• LOVE & RELATIONSHIPS make it good...
• Around us we find HATRED/EVIL staring at us…
• So much is NEEDED by so many…
• GREAT PEOPLE are all around us…
• PAIN, SADNESS & BAD stuff can happen to all sorts of folks…

It just struck me how much of EVERYTHING there is and how we can get focused on one or the other and then SURPRISE, the other extreme hits us or someone nearby. So keep your eyes open – IF things are good, stay conscious of the bad you might help someone with (AND) if you are suffering in some way, realize there is much good to be thankful for all around…!?!

I have no idea where this needs to go, I just wanted to share and hope it helps. For me, I just find the PEACE with all that is going on in our Savior, Jesus. Praying and seeking His Wisdom works for me; too much for us to try to tackle, process, try to fix on our own. I just try to put it in His hands. I hope this finds you HAPPY, in PEACE, not NEEDING too much and HELPING someone today!

Doug Booker, Leadership Teacher/Exec Dir of National HOPE Association
913.232.0244

No comments: