Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thinking and Praying..

I was reading, thinking and praying this morning about all the blessings in my life, but also about how much I want to serve HIM, help people, do meaningful, purposeful work, etc. I AM blessed, but struggle with where He wants me, how He wants me to do his work, how I can help people...

It is what consumes me right now and in the midst of nothing but positives going on in my life: teaching, coaching, connecting people, great family and now even serving people thru a NonProfit organization I am leading!

The point here is that I was reading and praying for patience, not to worry, being calm, waiting on Him to use me...and thinking “I believe I am doing good things, doing the right thing (and yeah I know it’s not about doing good works, etc );

but is it JUST staying focused, trusting in Him and knowing He will take care of it all when He decides to, in His own way? Of course it is, duhhh…”

Well anyway, in the midst of all that pondering here this morning, I came across Psalm 37:5 >

“… Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this:
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
The justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him….”

Well anyway, it worked for me; likely it wasn’t just a coincidence I stumbled across THIS scripture in the middle of THESE thoughts, huh?

Maybe it gives you some peace as well. Thanks for listening.

God’s best to you this day,
BOOKER

No comments: